A Sauce for All Seasons
- 2 12oz. bags of ps red raspberries (thaw and strain out the juice)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch to ¼ cup cold water to dissolve
- Bring all ingredients in a sauce pan to the boilng point, stirring constantly.
- Add cornstarch, lemon juice and boil until mixture is clear (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Topping for ice cream
- Peach melba; a scoop of vanilla ice cream (ps frozen sliced peaches) arranged around base of ice cream topped with sauce.
- Pear cardinale; sliced fresh or canned pears, topped with orange sherbet, cover in red raspberry sauce.