Farm Fresh Blackberry Pie
- pastry for 9” double crust
- 3 bags 12oz frozen blackberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon water
- line a 9” pie plate with pastry.
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- in a large bowl combine frozen blackberries and lemon zest.
- in a small bowl combine sugar and flour.
- sprinkle over berry mix, toss until well coated.
- spoon into pastry-lined pie dish.
- dot with butter.
- top with remaining pastry, slice i” vent holes in top.
- in a small bowl combine egg yolk and water. brush evenly over top of the pie.
- bake i hour or until juice bubbles through the vents.
- cool on wire rack.